Although club drinks tend to be insanely high, at least your brain cells are being killed by top shelf liquor that Jay-Z also drinks. Club food, however, is a mix of the gourmet, the frozen and just plain odd. Sure, you need some calories to shake that thang, but you can also get some later at the IHOP like a normal person. Here now are the Eight Worst Foods to Serve at a Club.
1. Pizza: This isn’t someone’s dorm room. Why the Hell would anyone want a long, floppy piece of bread, covered in sauce, cheese and tiny round meats, unless they have a burning desire to ruin an $800 Jovani sequin dress? Not to mention the fact that you can probably buy an entire pie for the price of what the club will charge.
2. Nachos: Are we a group of stoned eighth graders in our parents’ basement? And no matter how many degrees your chef has, he basically dumped this out of a bag and put cheese on them.
3. Egg Rolls: Oh, good. It’s like a slice of pizza, except rolled up into a hot little food hand grenade that explodes the moment you bite into it. That is, of course, that you don’t immediately sear your tongue off it, as it just came out of a deep fryer.
4. Salad: What health nut ordered this? This is a dance club, not a lunch out with the girls. Assuming you get that all into your salad hole without splashing dressing on your shoes, who wants to look at that empty bowl with a fork sticking out, just waiting to be knocked over by first clumsy guy trying to sit down next to you?
5. Buffet Style Anything: The dance club’s GM should have his head examined for offering up this disaster waiting to happen. That’s just what a dance floor needs: people gingerly making their way back to their table with a plate piled high with free food. What is this? Your cousin’s wedding reception?
6. Hot dogs: Is this a night club or Yankee Stadium? Even strip clubs serve more expensive food than this. Hot dogs are worse than nothing. They’re like an insult in food form. “Ha, ha! You paid the cover charge and this is all we’re giving you for free!”
7. Fajitas: Awesome! Not only did you deliver food that requires a fork and can be put inside a soft taco shell where it might burst out and ruin clothes, you also managed to deliver a plate to the table that could cause third degree burns to anyone that touches it! Why not just throw a bunch of hot coals at the table while you’re at it?
8. Wings: Yeah, let me get my hands completely covered in orange hot sauce. Is this the dance club or a Super Bowl Party? And who doesn’t want a pile of chicken bones as a centerpiece of the tiny table where you put your drinks? Nothing says sophistication like a pile of half-eaten chicken remains and a greasy cellphone.